Exo Dynamics is capitalizing on its proprietary knowledge of biomechanics and mechatronics to bring spinal orthotic treatment into the 21st century.
Our first product is the ExMS-1, an “electromechanically activated” back brace. Unlike current braces, our device focuses not on increasing abdominal pressure, but on reducing muscle effort in the back. It does this by transferring some of the weight of the torso to the hips.
Furthermore, by changing its shape as the wearer moves, the ExMS-1 allows better mobility than conventional rigid spinal orthoses and seeks maintains support through a wide variety of postures.
Our company calls this ‘motion following’ technology, which incorporates several key features:
- Support as the user moves.
- Programmable range of motion (ROM) with endpoint control, allowing the user to select the most comfortable operating posture.
- Easy to use, hand free controls.
- A light and compact design meant to be worn underneath surgical gowns, thus eliminating both sterilization and operation space intrusion concerns.
- Comfortable and user adjustable padding inserts that are also washable and breathable.